Sunday Funday


Again I promptly woke up at 6:00 am.  It’s like a switch flips and I am awake.  Joe is quite the sleeper so I figured I would get some things done and relax with my coffee whilst he rested.  Our unit is a corner unit and faces North so all of our living room/dining room and office windows face East.  It gets a lot of natural light and I am able to watch the sun rise. 

I went ahead and whipped up waffle mix so it would be ready to go when Joe wakes up.  I used the mix master of course.  I know it will get a lot of use now that it is on the counter and not awkwardly placed on a cabinet with next to no counter top space. 

I’m not sure what we are going to do today.  Hopefully we can arrange the office furniture so that I can work on putting things away while Joe is at work tomorrow.  The office is not considered a second bedroom for a few reasons.  It actually has a glass door so we might need to fashion some sort of a curtain if we do have guests stay over.

Well Joe finally woke up at 8:00 am which was perfect because I was starving.  I made the waffles and Joe made the eggs.  Everything was yummy and it gave us the energy to get some more things unpacked.  We were able to get my grandma’s antique table set up without any issues so that made me happy.  We also put most of the office together so now all that is left is my closet!  I will be working on that tomorrow.  I might even try the iron if I need to. 

We decided to next take a little convertible ride around the area to LSU lakes.  I plan on doing a lot of my longer runs around the lakes so I wanted to see how far away it was.  It isn’t too far but there is a lot of traffic and people here drive crazy.  I don’t think I will be biking to work anytime soon.  I have yet to drive anywhere in the state of Louisiana so that will be interesting.  You may want to start an office pool for how long it will take before my first accident. 

The park area seems very nice with tennis courts, a golf course, and even a disc golf course.  It looked really safe and we did see other people running and biking.  To try to acclimated to my new climate I decided to run a mile by the lakes in the middle of the day when it was 95 degrees out and humid as hell.  I was sweating just standing there waiting for my Garmin to get signal.  I managed to keep a good pace of 7:45 but that would not be sustainable for any of my long runs.  I will probably need to do those at 5:00 am when it’s only 75 degrees out.  

We finished off the rest of our fajitas for lunch and then went down by the pool to relax and cool off.  There weren’t many people at the pool today so that was nice.  It was still so hot even in the water.  I felt like I might have been getting burnt so we went back to the apartment after getting cookies from the clubhouse.  They have “free” coffee and cookies every day during office hours.

We just relaxed and had some beer and cheese that we got at Whole Foods from the less than $3 bin.  We even used our little cheese cutting set that I got for my birthday from my grandma.  That helped hold us over till pizza time. 

I talked with my parents on the phone and we watched some football and had some ice cream.  That pretty much sums up the day.  It will be back to business tomorrow with my running schedule.  I’m sticking to it!

9:30 pm Bedtime


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s