This post started out just as my experience with joining Twitter, but then I felt it would be better as a Questionnaire so you can share your experiences too!
Here Are The Questions!
- Q1: When did you join Twitter?
- Q2: What did you know about Twitter before joining?
- Q3: How did you decide to finally join Twitter?
- Q4: What was your first Tweet?
- Q5: What have you gained from joining Twitter?
- Q6: Have you ever participated in a live chat on Twitter and what did you learn?
Here Are My Answers!
Q1: When did you join Twitter?
I joined Twitter on March 24, 2013.
Q2: What did you know about Twitter before joining?
I will admit I had very limited knowledge of what Twitter was, or how to use it, or what advantages tweeting would offer.
Basically all I knew about Twitter was:
- The act of using Twitter is called a Tweet.
- Tweets are limited to 140 characters.
- Your user name is referred to as your handle.
- Certain celebrities are often tweeting things and then having to apologize for it in another tweet.
Q3: How did you decide to finally join Twitter?
I decided to join Twitter as a way to get my blog “out there” to reach more people. I felt Twitter was the best way of reaching people with the same interests.
Q4: What was your first Tweet?
Ah my first Tweet was simple, honest and to the point.
Q5: What have you gained from joining Twitter?
I feel I’ve gained a real sense of community. I’ve learned so much about blogging and fitness from people across the world. Being part of a network of runners and bloggers has really kept me motivated to push myself to keep with it and not give up.
Q6: Have you ever participated in a live chat on Twitter and what did you learn?
The first day I joined Twitter I found myself participating in a Q&A hosted by #RunChat. They do Q&A’s about running on the second and fourth Sunday of every month. I found it was hard to keep up with but full of great tips.
Earlier this week I participated in the first ever #BlogSmarter chat that was hosted by Lindsay, Jes, Cori and Elizabeth. This time I was prepared and signed-up for TweetChat which made it a lot easier to follow along.
What I learned from this chat:
- Be true to yourself.
- Don’t blog just to blog.
- Use lots of (good) pictures.
- Engage with your readers.
- Don’t be afraid to ask if you want to work with a brand.
- Use good grammar and spell check.
- Prioritize and be organized.
I look forward to more #BlogSmarter chats from these girls in the future!
Take the Twitter Questionnaire for yourself!
Answer as many as you like or all of them and share!